Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two Years Ago too Now

I first began having stomach problems two years ago. I would have really bad abdominal pain and frequent trips to the bathroom. When I went to the doctors, all she could say was I probably had a case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). I also had a lose of period, she told me to gain weight...but that wasn't so easy. I then began seeing a chiropractor who tried to relieve my IBS symptoms, but that didn't work.
A year later my stomach pains were still not going away, they were getting worse, they were even met with other symptoms, such as sadness, irritablity, hair lose, mild acne, tiredness and headaches. I visited a naturopath and thought my problems were definitely solved! I took a vega test to determine if I had any food sensitvities. Unfortunatly I had many: caisen, brewers yeast, dairy, corn, cane and beet sugar, maple syrup, tomatoes, oranges, strawberries and couple other random ones. I was also under stress during that time, so she said that could have effected it. Getting help with my stress and my stomach issues was bound to help me feel better...but, it didn't. I was still having stomach pains and bathroom trips, weight loss, headaches and tiredness. When I felt sick, I felt sad, so who knows if the stress caused these food intolerances, or the food intolerances caused the stress. A few months after the visit to the naturopath, I went back to my GP and she suggested I get tested for Celiac Disease. Yesturday I went for blood work and am patiently waiting for the results. I wouldn't be surprised if they come back negative.

No comments: